Each mL contains 30mg of diquafosol sodium.
<Precautions related to Indications>
This product should be used in patients diagnosed with dry eye, associated with keratoconjunctival epithelium disorders that accompany lacrimal fluid abnormality.
Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of this product.
1.Mechanism of Action
Diquafosol sodium stimulated water and mucin secretion by acting on P2Y2 receptors on the conjunctival epithelial and goblet cell membrane and elevating intracellular calcium ion concentrations.
2.Stimulatory action on secretion of tear fluid including mucin
1) A single-dose administration of diquafosol sodium into the eyes of normal animals (rabbits and rats) promoted tear fluid secretion and mucin secretion from the conjunctival cells.
2) A single-dose administration of diquafosol sodium into the eyes of dry eye model rats promoted tear fluid secretion. Repeated dose administration increased mucin contents in the conjunctival tissues.
3.Improvement of corneal epithelial damage
Repeated dose administration of diquafosol sodium 6 times daily for 4 weeks improved corneal epithelial damage in rat dry eye model in a dose-dependent manner. It exhibited the maximal effect at the concentration of 1% or higher. The repeated dose of 1% diquafosol sodium for 2 weeks exhibited the maximal improvement effect when daily administration exceeded 6 times.
If adverse reactions are observed, appropriate measures such as discontinuing administration should be taken.
2.Precautions concerning Use
- 1) Route of administration: Ophthalmic use only.
- 2) At the time of administration:
- (1) Instruct the patient to be careful not to touch the bottle’s tip to the eye directly to avoid the contamination of the drug.
- (2) Instruct the patient, if any other ophthalmic drug is used, to wait at least five minutes between applying this product and any other ophthalmic drug.
- (3) Instruct the patient not to use this product while wearing hydrogel soft contact lenses. (Benzalkonium chloride contained in this product may be adsorbed to soft contact lenses.)
Dosage and Administration
Usually, instill 1 drop a time 6 times daily.
Clear, colorless, sterile aqueous ophthalmic solution.
Keep below 30℃
A plastic bottle of 5 mL.
Approved and Available in
Korea DIQUAS® ophthalmic solution 3%
http://www.santen.co.kr/sub/product/product.php Thailand DIQUAS® ophthalmic solution Vietnam DIQUAS® Dung dịch nhỏ mắt
For healthcare professionals only. Full prescribing information is available on request.
For more information, please contact your local Santen office/representative.
There are no reviews yet.