Dertec Cream is a type of medicine called a topical corticosteroid.
Corticosteroids (also known as steroids) are medicines used for reducing inflammation. Skin inflammation may occur due to an allergic reaction or irritation of the skin. It is caused by the immune system releasing substances that make blood vessels in the skin widen. This makes the irritated area red, swollen, itchy, and painful, as seen in dermatitis or eczema.
When betamethasone is applied to the skin, it acts inside cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances. This reduces swelling, redness, and itching.
Tolnaftate is an antifungal medicine used to treat skin infections caused by fungi.
Antifungal medicines kill fungi by interfering with their cell membranes, causing holes to appear in the fungal cell membrane.
Clioquinol (Iodochlorhydroxyquin ) has antifungal and antibacterial actions. It works by preventing the growth and multiplication of organisms.
What is it used for?
- Dermal fungal infections.
- Athlete’s foot (tinea pedis).
- Fungal infection of the groin, ie jock itch (tinea cruris).
- Ringworm (tinea corporis).
- The fungal nappy rash is caused by infection with Candida albicans.
- Sweat rash caused by infection with Candida albicans.
There are no reviews yet.