|Starts In||1-2 hours|
|Last Long||14-16 hours|
|Type||Narcolepsy, Sleep apnea|
How Artvigil 150 mg Works
Artvigil 150 mg tablets are a renowned nootropic medication that increases the productivity of a person by promoting the awakening of the brain. It is a source of Armodafinil which works by increasing the levels of dopamine and norepinephrine within the brain. It is classified as a racemic (mirror image) component of the drug Modafinil. Its actions Armodafinil are somewhat stronger than Modafinil’s effects and generally last 14-16 hours. If you work in night shifts, or rotating shifts, this powerful medication comes in handy. It increases your performance so that you are able to be productive and not be exhausted throughout the day.
Uses of Artvigil150
This drug can be employed for a variety of treatments. The treatments are listed below.
- Excessive sleepiness is caused by Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy, and shift work sleep Disorder.
- Hypersomnia idiopathic (IH)
- Brain fog
Dosage of Artvigil 150 mg
Doctors suggest taking one tablet Artvigil 150mg every 24 hours. However, depending upon your condition, your doctor may prescribe you a suitable dosage. It is not recommended to take over a period of time more than one tablet, or you could suffer serious adverse effects of the drug.
- Patients who suffer from Narcolepsy The medication is taken throughout the day.
- If you’re suffering from Shift Work Disorder, you must take a pill for 1-2 hours prior to the start of your shift. This will allow the medication to be absorbed into the bloodstream in a proper manner and to reach its maximum effects before the shift begins.
Effects of the drug start to fade within 12 hours. This is contingent on various aspects like the age of the patient, their metabolism, health issues, and the way of life. If you suffer from any health issues, you should consult your physician prior to using this medication.
Missed DosageIf you don’t take a dose, you should take it as fast as you can however, avoid it if aren’t planning to remain awake for more than a few hours. If you’re planning to go to sleep, you can take a break from the dosage, and then continue the same day. It is not recommended to add a second dose to replace the dose that was missed. Consult your physician about what to do if the situation arises.
Intoxication: In cases of overdose get medical assistance immediately. Overdoses can affect your health in the present and can result in serious adverse side effects like hallucinations, a fast and low heart rate, difficulties swallowing or breathing and suicidal thoughts.
Before you start taking Artvigil 150 mg tablet, inform your physician:
- If you’re sensitive to certain medications.
- If you’ve had a history of heart attack, stroke, or chest pains.
- If you are suffering from cardiovascular illnesses like hypertension, diabetes, etc.
- If you suffer from any type of stress-related disorder like depression, anxiety, and so on. Certain medicines for depression and anxiety are thought of as having interactions with Artvigil and as such, they could affect the way the medicine functions.
- If you’re pregnant, or nursing inform your doctor about it.
- Beware of drinking alcohol when taking the drug as it could increase your risk of health issues and cause side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, and more. In addition, smoking marijuana may cause dizziness.
- If you use hormonal contraceptives, or any other form of birth control medication talks to your physician.
Side Effects of Artvigil 150mg
If you take an overdose, adverse effects can be experienced. This includes:
- Chest Pain
- Dry Mouth
In rare instances, the side effects like hallucinations and euphoria, as well as extreme thirst and dehydration could be experienced. It is recommended to follow the prescription of your doctor attentively and carefully read the instructions on the package of the medication.
Artvigil interactions with Other Drugs
Certain medications are known to alter the ways Artvigil 150 mg works. It is crucial to check out everything which could lead to complications and harm your health.
- Levomthadyl Acetate
These drugs could cause severe complications and can have negative health effects.
Involvement with alcohol
Drinking alcohol can intensify the negative effects of this drug.
Caffeinated drinks and other products like chocolate may enhance the effects of caffeine when taken together with Artvigil.
It is recommended to consult your doctor prior to using any medication with Artvigil
Artvigil tablets must be properly stored and kept in the original packaging.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Make sure the pills are kept far from heat sources, humidity, and direct sunlight.
- After the package has been opened, place your pills inside an airtight container.
- Don’t consume the pills after the expiration date.
- Modvigil 200 mg Tablets
- Modalert 200 mg Tablets
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Artvigil used for?
Ans: Artvigil, which is marketed as a brand Nuvigil is an oral medicine utilized to treat sleep disorders, such as Narcolepsy, Shift Work Disorder as well as Obstructive sleep apnea. It’s utilized to treat excessive daytime sleepiness by encouraging wakefulness in the brain.
Is Artvigil stronger than Modalert?
Ans: Although both Artvigil along Modalert is used in treatments for sleep disorders, however, the results of Waklert are slightly more powerful than those of Modalert. Artvigil is a source of Armodafinil, which is a mirror image of Modafinil (the ingredient found in Modalert). While Modalert is known to keep you alert and awake for 12-14 hours, however, the effects of Artvigil can last 14-16 hours.
How long does it take for Artvigil 150 mg to kick in?
Ans: It takes 1-2 hours for the effects of Artvigil to kick in. This depends upon various factors such as age, metabolism, lifestyles, health condition, etc. This is why it is recommended to take a single pill of Artvigil 1-2 hours before the beginning of the work shift.
Are there any side effects of Artvigil?
Ans: Some common side-effects of Artvigilt include headaches, nausea, anxiety, dizziness, insomnia, and dry mouth. If any of these side-effects persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
Who is the manufacturer of Artvigil?
Ans: Artvigil is manufactured by Sun Pharma, a pharmaceutical company based out of India. Sun Pharma manufactures and sells pharmaceutical formulations and active pharmaceutical ingredients in India and the United States.